How to Refuse Delivery of UPS Package – If your package was unsuccessfully delivered, UPS would leave a UPS InfoNotice. This note will be left at the recipient’s address on the doorknob, door handle, or another secure spot. You may also receive a phone call from the driver and UPS to inform you of the attempted delivery and to schedule a convenient time for UPS to complete the delivery of your product.
Refuse UPS delivery
The driver may also leave a UPS return label on the front door, allowing you to return the package. The driver will not leave the package at your residence in this scenario.
Please contact UPS Customer Service at 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877) with your tracking number or InfoNotice number if you desire to postpone delivery or arrange for pick up of your package(s).
Please note that if you did not select a delivery method requiring a signature, no signature is necessary to release your goods.
Can UPS Deliveries be Declined?
Yes, you may deny a UPS delivery if you won’t be home at the time of delivery or if you’re relocating. You can also decline a UPS delivery if you get a damaged package that you determine is not worth keeping. Although it is possible to decline a UPS delivery, it is not recommended.
If you are unable to sign for the shipment, there may be more convenient alternatives than denying it. You can request delivery without a signature by updating online delivery settings in your UPS account. Alternately, you can phone UPS in advance and ask them to leave the product at your door, but please know that if you choose this option, you will no longer be responsible for the box once it has been delivered.
In addition, it is crucial to understand that denying a UPS delivery may result in additional fees or fines from the firm or individual who sent the goods.
However, if you’ve changed your mind about a particular item purchased to your address, please contact the company that shipped the item and inform them that you’ve denied delivery. If there is a problem with the item itself, please contact the item’s seller.
How to Refuse Delivery of UPS Package?
To deny delivery of an unopened UPS package that you have received, contact 1-800-742-5877 and inform the agent that you have opted to refuse delivery. Moreover, you may drop off shipments at any UPS site.
To refuse delivery of a UPS shipment that you still have not received, you must contact the sender and let them know you are denying delivery. After the sender contacts UPS and notifies UPS that you refused delivery, a UPS driver will return the box to your local UPS facility.
You may also deny an item at the time of delivery by informing the UPS driver that you do not wish to receive it, albeit this is uncommon and may be taxing on the delivery man.
However, if you are adamant about declining a UPS delivery, you can take the following steps:
- Create an account at ups.com if you do not already have one.
- Log in and get your package’s tracking number.
- Click “Change Delivery” after selecting the box you wish to reject.
- Choose “Refuse” and provide an explanation for your decision.
- Click “Submit.” The package will be returned to us, and a refund will be issued.
- How may a UPS package be refused before delivery?
- In four simple actions, you can deny a UPS shipment before delivery. Simply adhere to the guidelines with proper etiquette. Use the UPS Delivery Intercept service to deny delivery online.
These are the actions you must take to decline a UPS package prior to its delivery:
- Visit the UPS website, log in to your Tracking page, or contact the UPS automated system.
- You can pick “refuse the package” on the tracking screen. If you phone an automated system, inform the automated agent that you wish to decline a package.
- You will be asked why you are rejecting the shipment. Choose one of the available options; it does not matter which one you select as long as it is accurate.
- Wait for UPS to return your package, and if possible, reschedule its delivery to your previous address.
- Remember that you can decline a UPS package prior to delivery by calling 1-800-PICK-UPS and informing them of your decision. Please have the tracking number handy when you contact in order for them to quickly find your package. If you cannot reach them, please contact them via live chat or email at ups.com/help with the tracking number of the shipment you wish to refuse.
If the package has not been delivered, UPS will attempt to intercept it and return it to the sender if it has not been delivered. In the event that this is not possible, your driver will leave you a UPS return label that you can use to return the package for free.
How to Decline Delivery of a UPS Package?
You can contact the UPS customer support team if you’ve decided to decline a delivery after it has been delivered. Within 30 days of delivery, if the sender has not requested a return, you may decline the package and return it at no expense to the sender.
This tutorial will assist you in refusing an item that has already been delivered by United Parcel Service (UPS).
Examine the packaging for indications of tampering. Examine your shipment for indications of manipulation. This includes opened tape, torn packaging, and watermarks on labels. Call UPS at 1-800-742-5877 to file a claim if any of the following symptoms are present.
Return the box to UPS in Step 2. If you are returning the package because you did not order it, write “REFUSED” on the front and return it as quickly as possible to a UPS site. You can locate a nearby site at https://www.ups.com/dropoff?loc=en US.
Instead of denying the box directly to UPS, contact the sender to organize the return if you are returning it because it is broken or faulty.
How to Deny an Online UPS Package?
It is possible to deny a UPS cargo online if you need to. Alternately, you may call their customer support for a quicker and less complicated process.
If you get an unwanted UPS package in the mail, you can refuse it online.
- First, get the tracking ID number for the shipment you are denying at ups.com.
- Then, access MyUPS. You may be required to enter your username and password.
- Then, within the “Tracking” section, enter your tracking number and click “Track.”
- Next, scroll to the bottom of the page, where “Refuse Delivery” is displayed. Follow that link.
- A window should appear asking if the recipient wishes to deny the delivery. Click on the “Refuse Delivery” button.
- Then, you will be routed to the MyUPS homepage. You should now see two options for refusing the delivery. Choose one; you should likely select the option that allows UPS to return your shipment to the sender at no expense to you.
- Hit “Submit.”
- Who pays for UPS return to sender shipping?
- When returning an item via UPS, the sender normally covers the delivery costs. However, if they do not pay and you ship them a package, you may deny delivery when it reaches at your residence.
When a recipient refuses to accept a package delivered by UPS, the driver will return it to the center. The delivery person will then inspect the package for any signs of damage, ensure that all labels are intact, and check that the item is in its original state. If all conditions are met according to UPS rules, the driver returns the package to the sender.
UPS will attempt to rectify the delivery address and return the shipment to the sender if the shipper gives an erroneous shipping address or the recipient has relocated without providing a new address.
UPS charges a fee when returning a shipment to the sender because there is value in retrieving packages that would not have been returned otherwise. Fees vary depending on the service utilized.
There are numerous reasons why people decline UPS delivery. The most frequent reason is that someone else accepted delivery of the package. In this situation, you should contact the sender to reschedule or divert the package.
Undeliverable packages are sometimes returned to UPS. UPS will repay you in full if the courier returns an undeliverable package to them (including shipping charges). Undeliverable orders that are returned to UPS cannot be re-shipped. If you still wish to purchase the undeliverable items, you can place a fresh order on their website.